This page describes volume licensing and SDK licensing issues for Miraplacid Publisher.
We offer volume discounts for Miraplacid Publisher.
If you need 100 licenses or more, please email our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integration: distribute Miraplacid Publisher as a part of your product
If you need to distribute Miraplacid Publisher as a part of your solution, you have to make following decisions:
1. Do you need standard or custom version? You can choose from:
- standard Miraplacid Publisher
- custom driver with your company name and your product name on it made by your company from Miraplacid Publisher SDK.
- custom driver with your company name and your product name on it built for you by Miraplacid
2. Do you need fixed amount of licenses or unlimited version?
(for standard, custom, and SDK-based versions)
You can choose from:
- Fixed amount of licenses with indivudual name for each license. You will send us a list with first and last names, we will generate licenses for you. If you do not know all the names up-front, you can register as a Reseller, purchase amount of licenses you need online, then log in to our web site and generate registration keys at your convenience.
- Volume license - we will generate you a license for N sits. You will use it ot register N copies of our products.
- Unlimited Version.
Unlimited version of Miraplacid Publisher SDK does not require registration. It is a rational choice if you need a few hundred licenses or more. There is another reason to use unlimited version - when you do not want you customers to worry about registration codes. Please see installation and registration scenarious below.
Unlimited version of Miraplacid Publisher SDK license costs $3000,
but we can negotiate a discount if the product will be used by your employees only,
used only in some specific industry, will have significant functionality limitations comparing to
the statndard Miraplacid Publisher, etc.
We also offer unlimited versions of the standard Miraplacid Publisher for $3000 but we do not offer discounts here and we do not allow to provide it to any third-party - you can only install it on your employees PCs.
SDK Licensing Options
Miraplacid Publisher SDK is free, but you have to buy licenses for every
computer where you insall your product. You can download SDK from Miraplacid web site.
Unlimited SDK is not available online. It will be provided to you at no charge as soon as you purchase unlimited license for the product.
Installation and registration scenarious
If you need to install Miraplacid Publisher as a part of your solution, you have following for installation:
- Install regular Miraplacid product - add mpublisher.exe to your product installation package, start it from your main installation software.
- Install custom or SDK-based edition - add mpublisher.dll to your product installation package, implement some user interface (UI) module and add it to your installation package, start this UI module from your main installation software.
- Same ase above, but you can add this User Interface code directly into your main installation software, so you will not need separate executable to start. Installation procedure will look like single product setup.
Please see SDK documentation and examples for more details
You have following options for product registration:
- Ask user to enter First Name, Last Name and Registration Code. You will have to provide each user with registration code. If you use standard varsion of Miraplacid product, user will see a standard dialog. If you implement your own SDK-based version, you can implement custom version of registration dialog to match your product style.
- Get registration codes from Miraplacid. Add them to each version of your software package. During the software registration procedure, call Miraplacid Publisher product registration function. You do not have to notify user about it - just let him use your system with Miraplacid product in it. See SDK for software registration documentation and examples.
- Unlimited Version does not require product registration. If unlimited version does not fit your needs, but still you do not want user to enter Miraplacid registration code, see the option above.
We have two concerns that affect our licensing policies
- Non-compete - we do not want your or any other company to create a product that will compete with Miraplacid Publisher. This should not be a problem as long as product will be customized for your specific needs. It does not affect the case where you distribute standard Miraplacid Publisher as a part of your product.
- No Free Products - when your customer receive a product based on Unlimited SDK,
or if the distribution package includes a registration code,
this product could accidently become available for everybody in the internet. Here is our strategy to
avoid this scenario:
- We prefer not to sell unlimited licenses to our standard products
- We prefer custom versions of our products with very specific functionality (let's say, it can only upload results to a specific FTP server). It will clearly not compete with our products so we do not apply firther limitations
- If you need unlimited edition of a product with rich functionality that can potentially compete with Miraplacid Publisher, we prepare custom licensing agreement and specifically ask you not to compete, not to dictribute the product other than a part of your bigger software solution, and make the product not easily deteachable from your software solution.
Besides, we do not allow licensee to reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble our software and we do not allow our licensee to provide any part of Unlimited SDK to any third party without our written permission.
Custom Virtual Drivers
Miraplacid staff will be glad to implement custom version of Miraplacid Publisher for you and help you with integration. Custom versions with custom registration, installation and simple user interface (let's say, you just need to upload result files to specific FTP server and you do not need all the bells and wistles of Miraplacid Publisher) starts from $1995 (licenses not included).