AdministrationMiraplacid Text Driver Advanced Settings window:
With Advanced Settings software, you can perform the following Text Driver system tasks:
- Verify and change, if needed, path and filename to User Interface component - User Interface section.
With additional options Wait for load and Async events you may control user interface loading and events catching process. Core component will wait/not wait user interface will load and will wait/not wait while user interface processes events.
Async processing option control syncronization between print job internal spooling and processing. If not set, print spooling will wait for processing to be complete before spooling the next job. Useful for slow custom user interface components, when it has much to be done on events.
- Control the process of log file generation, its content and send logged problem to Miraplacid Support - Log File section.
With Generation dropdown, you may control verbosity of log file or disable it at all. Location textbox contains log file
current location, which can be changed. If log file currently exists, you may delete it with Clear button or
send it to Miraplacid Support with Send button.
To send error report to Miraplacid, you need to do the following:
- Close Miraplacid Text Driver if it opened.
- Switch Generation control to "All messages".
- Print to Text Driver a print job which causes your problem.
- Close Miraplacid Text Driver.
- Launch Administrator software and press Send button.
- Add your comments and send email.
- Split text at option may help you when some text boxes get "glued" or "torn" when you print from some applications, like Adobe Reader.
Lower values help to separate text boxes, higher values - to collect torn boxes.
Default is 25%. If width of symbol is more than its original value by this percent, the textbox will be split to two boxes.
- Print timeout parameter allows you to control print job waiting processes in case if you use slow printing software or use Text Driver on a heavily loaded PC. Default value is 30 seconds.
- Control print job datatype which for printing to Text Driver with Datatype dropdown.
You can setup this parameter for each printer in Text Driver family.
You can use Text Driver in two different printing modes: Windows standard printer (EMF print jobs) and Text DOS printer (Text print jobs). In EMF mode, you may print to Text Driver from any Windows application. In text mode, you may print to Text Driver from old DOS applications or just copy a text file to printer port (LPT1, LPT2, PRN) which is mapped to Text Driver.
To set up Miraplacid Text Driver to catch DOS text print job, you need to do the following:
- Share Text Driver on the network.
- On PC with your DOS program, create the following batch file:
net use lpt1: /delete net use lpt1: \\Your_Computer_Name\SharedPrinter
- Run this batch file.
- Change Datatype to TEXT.
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 About
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Installation
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Registration Dialog
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Advanced Settings
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Main Preview Window
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Settings Dialog
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Text Formatting Settings
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 System Settings
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Output To: Settings
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Redirect To: Settings
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Scripting Guide
- Miraplacid Text Driver 2018 Main Page